chipsee beaglebone lcd/dvi expansion kernel support

I uploaded it to 4shared in case you were having trouble with the other download links. It’s a .rar file FYI.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/8lKQ5nSBba/prebuilt-angstrom-bbb-exp-2014.html

-Kevin

I had to register there for a free cloud account and transfer that file to my new account and download it from there… I did this with a little help of Google Translate :slight_smile:

Anyway, I save you the trouble, here is an alternative download location (my dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/an8np6efarebjen/prebuilt-angstrom-bbb-exp-20140210.rar

-Jukka

perjantai, 21. helmikuuta 2014 8.24.53 UTC+2 russa...@gmail.com kirjoitti:

Also just a note, the Angstrom image is a 3.8.13 kernel so it uses a device tree instead of board files. You can convert the .dtb file in the boot folder back to a .dts file so you can edit it if you want to make changes.

First go to the /boot folder after you extract the .rar

//Make a backup copy of original
cp am335x-bbb-exp.dtb am335x-bbb-exp.dtb.original

//Make the .dts from the .dtb
dtc -I dtb -O dts -o am335x-bbb-exp.dts /boot/am335x-bbb-exp.dtb

//Then make whatever changes you want to the .dts and compile back to .dtb
dtc -I dts -O dtb -o am335x-bbb-exp.dtb am335x-boneblack.dts

-Kevin

Thank you for the upload, I was able to get angstrom up and running, works great.

Russ

Fantastic! I can finally get the latest Ubuntu running using the DTBO from this! So happy! I believe the lastest Ubuntu doesn’t have these reset issues… Will test and report back.

• xris

Has anyone tried to run Qt with the touchscreen ? qtdemoE -qws runs Qt , but the X axis of the touchscreen is inverted. X11 and ts_calibrate work perfectly. I have tried everything and combed the internet. Can’t seem to fix it. same setup with the ti EZDSK works fine.

Russ

Many thanks for the good working image. Is it possible to use HDMI in parallel or to switch between chipsee LCD and HDMI by for example boot args? Thanks in advance!

I am unsure about switching between the two but this may interest you. https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/beagleboard/-4Q3UnqxY3k

In my case, Ubuntu 12.04 BBB image has the random reboot issue!

In my case, Ubuntu 12.04 BBB image has the random reboot issue!
Can the random reboot issue be fixed by updating Ubuntu kernel?

Hey!

There is a very stable Ubuntu 13.04(?) from Robert Nelson available but it doesn’t have the Chipsee LCD and touchscreen code, and I haven’t got that working because it requires writing or obtaining a DTBO or doing some rather hair raising mods to the kernel directly. One of the guys on this thread mentioned Angstrom now has the DTBO for the 3.8 kernel they’re using. I plan to take the latest stable Ubuntu from Robert Nelson, whack in the DTBO and get that up and running. That’s the best solution as well, not a hack like my previous solution on 12.04. Also, it’ll then be installable onto the eMMC and we can do away with booting of SD card.

Will let you guys know when it’s done.

l8r,x

Xris.

I have a problem that my ubuntu 12.04 BBB as you said me to set up can not connect to the Internet. How can I solve this problem?
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vào 17:08:50 UTC+7 Thứ tư, ngày 26 tháng hai năm 2014, knsh...@gmail.com đã viết:

Hi,

My image is configured to give the ethernet device the static IP address 192.168.0.21 and default gateway 192.168.0.1. If those settings aren’t compatible with your network setup, change them in the /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt file. I had to hard-code them because I wasn’t getting any joy setting up eth0 from ubuntu. I’m still not sure why. So I chose to use uboot to help out.

l8r,
Xris.

Nothing to add to this conversation, but for the latest builds from Chipsee, the link I was given from them was this…

http://www.chipsee.com/upload/BBB/

Do you have this available for download? I was checking your other posts, but I don’t see anything. A Google search pointed me to a 12.04 upload you did a 1.5 months ago.

What are you looking for? A Ubuntu 13.10 image with Chipsee support?

Has anyone created a yocto recipe for the chipsee 7" LCD. I'm need a completely custom build from scratch.

Thanks , Russ

This works wonderfully! Thanks. Do you, or anyone else, have tips on getting wifi going with this image?

Has anyone an image for the capacitive 7" LCD version with debian wheezy?

Not that I know of.

But it should be fairly straight forward to do what I’ve done. Create a Wheezy image and then copy the uboot folder contents from mine over yours and the lib/modules of course and it should hopefully boot without issues or very little modification. I see Wheezy uses a 3.2 kernel so this should work quite nicely.

Hope that helps,
Chris.